Saturday, October 27, 2007

WEEKEND ELEVEN

Well, I estimate that next weekend will be the last break, and the story will be finished sometime in the week after that. I think I know how to get us to the denouement, and I have liked the end of this week, and the start of next week has got some really nice things in it, but I don't think I will have time to make them work as well as they might, since I have a busy day singing tomorrow. Still, there's that free extra hour stolen from summer, so never say die.

I know how to get us to the denouement - certain aspects of it are still up in the air. But, like I say, I have a WHOLE WEEK, so...

My top moment of this week was witnessing my two top readers (measured in the only available units: comments) meeting each other in a hot busy pub from which, to my certain knowledge, it is easy to have your computer stolen. My other top moment was the small collection of emails from more reticent top readers who didn't want to put their names in public or anything and were very nice about things. Big up them.

(I said at the start that it would be in the region of sixty chapters; it might be. It is a sign of my growing maturity that I will not force it to be sixty, if it needs to be sixty-one. I write to length and deadline. It is like a disease.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very much like how the trail is going. Good arguments and ideas. Am I ever going to miss this story... after it is done and you have moved on to more money-making stuff.

James Casey said...

The first Mary Sue In London convention was indeed good, and it was lovely and exciting to meet Marie.

Marie said...

I feel the same way. We really need to get Lilalia and Perspehone over too.

Anonymous said...

I tell you what, springtime in London, you guarantee good weather, choose the best people-watching café around, recount some of your "most embarrassing moments" stories (I collect those type of stories), and it is a done deal!

What do we have to do to get Perspehone there?